1. Greg was offered a desireable new job in the Allentown, PA area which is directly between our families, that he promptly accepted. His start date is June 13th..
2. His new job includes a relocation package, so contrary to my initial freak out that I NEED BOXES and I NEED TO PACK, they will actually be hiring a moving company for us who will pack up our entire house down to my underwear drawer, and unpack us when we get where we're going. They will also help to sell our house and help us to buy a new one.
3. Riley's top two teeth came through last week. This means he can bite. Seriously.
4. Riley's first steps were on Saturday, June 4th in the afternoon.
5. My 96 year old Grandfather fell out of bed, hit his head, was taken to the hospital, and had a heart attack so we packed up and left to go see him 2 days later. We saw him in the hospital. He was coherent and interested in Greg's new job and the move. He wished us luck. I told him I love him very very much.
6. He died the next day after being brought home with hospice care, during a severe storm in Carlisle PA that took out trees, created tornados, and left his house (and my grandmother!) without power for 4 days.
7. We had already been planning to visit my OTHER grandparents, whom Riley had not yet met, so that's where we were when my Grandfather passed away. My Nana is officially in the terminal stage of alzheimers and has maybe another 5-6 months ahead of her, but we lucked out that she was having a good day, and although she was extremely frail, asked several times to "go home" and didn't know who we were - she was delighted by our beautiful baby.
8. Riley learned how to drink out of a sippy cup.
9. We've made two trips to Allentown (5 hours away from home) to check out houses for sale - neither resulted in finding a house we really want to make an offer on. We've given up on finding our dream house, now we'll just settle for something that'll do for a while that's easily resellable.
10. My birthday is on June 12th.
11. Greg is going to leave on my birthday to start his job. It is unknown how long I will be alone with Riley here in Pittsburgh for 5 days at a time.
12. Riley learned that dropping toys on the ground for Mommy to pick up is SUPER FUN.
13. Greg's Car broke down with 277000 miles on it. It is Dead. Defunct. An Ex-Car.
14. We put a deposit down on a 2005 Toyota Sienna. We have not yet picked it up. But boy, am I thrilled I'll be driving a car I'm COMPLETELY unfamiliar with right when Greg leaves to go 5 hours away.
15. I made a new mommy friend in Pittsburgh and we totally click really well.
16. Did I mention I'm moving away from Pittsburgh and will totally not have any local friends again as soon as I made one?
17. I just got my period for the first time in a year and a half.